Building novel and robust applications with Firefox
So, you’ve made a Firefox add-on. You’ve modified web page content, or added a button to the toolbar. But where to go next? What APIs and technologies are available to help your application or add-on surprise and inspire? And once you’ve got a great idea, how can you make the implementation fast, responsive and respectful of system resource constraints?
I’ll talk about tips, tricks and best practices for extending Firefox to the edge:
- Create multimedia extravaganzas with the audio, video and canvas tags
- Tight and polite integration of internet services into the browsing experience
- Writing lean and performant code
- Interacting with the host operating system
- Busting out of the browser with standalone applications